At Building Futures, we believe everyone deserves a safe place to call home. The agency is an Alameda County leader providing a safety net of services to help individuals and families rebuild safe and stable lives free from homelessness and family violence. We operate four emergency shelters; a full spectrum of domestic violence outreach services; a supportive housing site; and two rapid re-housing programs. As a Housing First agency, all of Building Futures' programs and services prioritize linking our clients with housing.
Supervises: Accounting Clerk
Position Summary: Under general supervision of the Finance Director, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for accounts payable (including credit cards, procurement, and general AP), Payroll (ADP online system), and some reporting.
Accounts Payable – Procurement
- Ensure that expenses are allocated to funding sources within the accounting system.
- Ensure the implementation of cost allocation methods in recording of transactions.
- Write up requisition order with documentation.
- Track gift cards and bus passes.
Accounts Payable – Disbursements
- Reconcile invoices to packing lists, bids, etc.
- Classify expenses by type and cost center.
- Input to general ledger system.
- Manage accounts payable to ensure timely payment of bills.
- Stamp invoices paid, write check number and date on invoice or voucher, and staple check copy to supporting documentation.
- Mail checks and file paid bills.
- Track and approve usage to ensure credit is available as needed.
- Collect receipts.
- Review monthly statements.
- Make payments using the AP process above.
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis.
- Total, verify and process timesheets (online process).
- Prepare payroll input worksheet.
- Review and process agency payroll, including calculation of wage garnishments and benefits contribution.
- Pull ADP payroll & tax reports for filing.
- Review processed payroll.
- Record payroll activity in general ledger.
- Review quarterly and annual payroll tax filings provided by payroll processing firm.
- Reconcile the payroll expense, asset, and liability accounts.
- Prepare and post adjusting journal entries and recurring monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and provide documents and reports as requested by the Finance Director.
- Other accounting related duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong computer and Excel skills required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload during high-pressure, high-volume workload periods required.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to review and process information within a computerized web system throughout most of the work-day required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- BA/BS in accounting or related field with at least 2+ years’ experience in accounting.
- QuickBooks experience necessary
- Experience with non-profits is preferred.
- A/P & payroll experience necessary, especially with ADP’s workforce now online system
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
At Building Futures, we believe everyone deserves a safe place to call home. The agency is an Alameda County leader providing a safety net of services to help individuals and families rebuild safe and stable lives free from homelessness and family violence. We operate three emergency shelters; a full spectrum of domestic violence outreach services; a supportive housing site; and a rapid re-housing program. As a Housing First agency, all of Building Futures' programs and services prioritize linking our clients with housing.
Role: Accounting Manager
Location: San Leandro,
Apply for this job now.