Project Engineer Basic Work Description
1. Manage multiply projects: Material Submittals: technical documents, engineering reports – as needed (produced by others), coordination drawings ( as needed)
2. Material Sample Submittal
3. Review specifications
4. Review contract drawings
5. Process Change Order Request
6. Update contract documents
7. Prepare material ordering documents
8. Prepare material shipping documents
9. Review job site needs: scaffold, off hour deliveries, special Tools, fasteners, etc.
10. Assist in project invoicing
11. Assist in project job costing
12. Coordinate with Warehouse Operations Coordinator
13. Coordinate with General Superintendent
Pre-Job visit, as required
Attend Pre-Construction Meeting, as required
Determine the following:
1. Point of contacts on the site, Project Superintendent, Engineers…..
2. Hours of work
3. Who to coordinate deliveries with
4. Safety requirements
5. Scaffold needs, special tool needs, etc.
Attend Jobsite coordination meetings, as needed
Process and Procedure
Email, Voice Mail, Phone Calls: Read, Listen, Understand, Prioritize, Act on
· Learn the Estimating Package / Project Management package
· Be calm, thoughtful, responsive, toughness is important at the right time
· Have good listening skills, listen first think second, respond third
· Prioritize need and goals daily, weekly, monthly
· Keep learning, read industry information, manufactures websites, computer skills
· Ask for help
· Be prepared
· Maintain work life balance
o Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc. Adobe, Foxit, etc.
o Collaboration programs: Bluebeam, Procore, Building Connect, etc.
o Knowledge of CAD is useful, but not critical
Knowledge of Construction Process
o How to read and understand Contract Documents, specifications, drawings, etc.
o Relationship between General Contractor, Sub-Contractors
o Relationship between office staff and field staff
o High School graduate
o AA degree in a construction related industry is helpful
o College degree is always desired but is not required
Have good general office skills
Can work well by themselves and in a group
Role: Project Engineer
Apply for this job now.