When one dreams of work, it’s generally not a pleasant dream. But work can be a dulcet dream on “The Tuscany of the Palouse”. For the right CPA, there exists an opportunity to get out of the bustling city and immerse yourself in serene pastoral rolling hills and golden fields.
Where, you may ask, is this beautiful vista? Pullman, Washington! Ranked the tenth smartest city in America, Pullman offers a top-rated public-school system and university, a vibrant college-town experience with Pac 12 sporting events, a diverse arts culture, a low cost of living, and a very low crime rate.
This is where a growing public accounting firm is seeking a CPA with a minimum 2-3 years of experience in public accounting (tax and audit experience preferred). Candidate should love life, be an ambitious idea-person, and dream big of working toward partnership.
Embrace adventure and start living your Tuscan life today!
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Accountants can perform most engagements with little supervision. They direct and review the work of staff accountants and are capable of making decisions on most accounting, tax, and auditing matters. When unusual situations arise, they present the pertinent information to the engagement manager or partner and follow their advice.
1. Know and understand the firm’s policies and procedures.
2. Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
3. Possess the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
4. Begin developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
5. Become proficient at tax, accounting, and auditing research including a knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
6. Proficient in all phases of monthly accounting work, payroll tax reporting, sales tax reporting, and other compliance requirements.
7. Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of email, and the internet; the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and firm engagement management, tax preparation, and time and billing software.
8. Evaluate the performance of staff accountants.
9. Assume responsibility for the supervision of monthly accounting client work.
10. Assume responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements.
11. Plan, coordinate, and supervise the various phases of an audit engagement.
12. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the engagement managers.
13. Involves work in the firm’s office or on the client’s premises. Work on the client’s premises may require the use of the senior accountant’s personal car.
14. Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete audit and tax engagements. (Comp-time earned for overtime hours worked.)
15. Minimum of two years’ experience as a staff accountant (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate).
16. College undergraduate degree and have completed at least 30 hours in college-level accounting courses.
17. Passed CPA exam and hold CPA license.
Role: Senior Accountant
Apply for this job now.