Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside the Met Office to provide them with a Security Information Risk Advisor (SIRA) on a contract running until March 2022, which may be extended.
This role is full time, Monday - Friday and offers a pay rate of £472-£605 per day, dependent on experience.
*Remote working, may be required on-site in Exeter on occasion*
As a successful SIRA, your duties will be:
- Carry out cyber security risk assessments for new and existing systems and service.
- To facilitate and support cyber security information risk management within the Met Office.
- Bringing together an understanding of:
- the needs of people and the organisation the threats they face the vulnerability of technology and information
- To provide pragmatic expert information security advice and guidance to Met Office change activities to enable them to achieve and maintain the appropriate level of information assurance to meet the Met Office's legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Provide assurance to Information Asset Owners and other stakeholders that their information assets are being adequately protected.
- Advise on appropriate security controls, including; security solutions architecture; policies and procedure
- To keep up to date with all aspects of Information Assurance and carry out reviews of where these could be used in the Met Office.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Proven experience working as an Information Assurance professional.
- Capable of making and guiding effective decisions on risk, explaining clearly how the recommendations have been reached.
- Able to make recommendations proportionate to the level of risk and technical complexity.
- Detailed working background in IT with demonstrable experience resulting in a high-level of understanding of the application of Information
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the requirements of an Information Security Management System as specified in the ISO27001 standard and the recognised security controls as documented in the ISO27002 standard. (Desirable)
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772 954 200
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers