Company: METHOD COMMUNICATIONS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Founded in 2010, Method Communications is a midsize public relations and marketing communications agency. Our culture is anchored in three core values - relationships, resourcefulness and results - and enables us to produce award-winning work. We are a part of the Chime network, working on global accounts with global teams.
In 2020 we were recognized as a PRNews Top Places to Work. The Holmes Report has also honored us as Technology Agency of the Year, and our team has been honored by PRWeek 40 Under 40 and PRWeek Young PR Professional of the Year, among others.
Account Executives (AE) are strategic self-starters who lead team initiatives and provide support for junior staff across multiple accounts. They are strong communicators committed to actively developing their account management skills. AEs are proactive and comfortable working in a fast changing environment where they support all levels of the client team. In this role, you will provide exceptional and consistent work for both the agency and the clients we work with.
- Manage personal assignments and own daily account management
- Execute clear communication and direction of client goals and overall business objectives to the internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain day-to-day contact with clients (i.e., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread materials
- Manage deadlines and oversee client speaking and award trackers, drafting speaking and awards submissions
- Source and write pitches, bylines, and HARO commentary
- Develop talking points and staff executive media briefings
- Monitor and evaluate a wide range of reporters and publications in order to provide insight on media trends to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop media pitches and lead pitching efforts
- Build a network of traditional and online media contacts
- Provide feedback for junior level staff's master media lists, news briefs and briefing books
Business Development and Marketing Support
- Participate in new business opportunities across multiple industry landscapes
- Participate in cross-practice and cross-geographical teams to provide clients and prospects with the most compelling team and proposals
- Strengthen your knowledge of the intersection between marketing and PR
- Learn how to use social media and analytics effectively for clients
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differences in writing styles depending on the outlet, channel and audience
- Participate in the new business process including research, audits and proposals
- Understand account budget parameters and over-servicing
- Record and submit time and expenses on a timely basis
- Act as a mentor to junior staff, identify goals and provide guidance and feedback on performance
- Typically 2 - 4 years' experience (or equivalent expertise and education) in public relations, communications, marketing and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing
- Comfortable working with technology media across industry verticals, pitching stories, and providing targeted outreach to diverse audiences
- Interest in pursuing a career in enterprise technology-focused public relations
- Able to oversee junior team members and successfully manage junior staff across teams to ensure deadlines and project expectations are communicated and met
- Comfort with Google Drive and Google's suite of tools (e.g., Slides, Docs, Sheets)
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills
- Strong written, visual and verbal communication skills
If you're excited about learning and growing in a fast-paced, dynamic and supportive environment - and ready to work with cutting-edge tech startups and billion-dollar brands - then consider joining our team.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment.
To apply, please submit a resume with a cover letter telling us why you'd be great for this position.