My client is a specialist subcontractor working in the supply and installation of drywall, plastering and suspended ceiling solutions, as well as specialising in Painting & Decorating and Joinery. They specialise in projects across the Residential Market but also deliver projects for clients in the commercial workplace & educational sectors. Many of their clients are blue chip companies working alongside established Tier 1 Main Contractors.
They are currently looking for an experienced Painting & Decorating Supervisor to join their project delivery team working on projects across the City of London and South East. This will involve exensive client liaison and detailed planning and organistion as you will be invloved typically in large scale projects up to £2m in Decorating value alone.
Overview Of The Role:
To ensure the smooth running of painting and decorating works in order to ensure a good quality of work and therefore repeat business whilst protecting the companies commercial interests.
- Induct all employees and Sub-Contractors and ensure they understand and comply with the companies health and safety policy statement, project specific risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessment
- Ensure works are carried out safely and efficiently
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced maintaining schedule/programme
- Offer realistic program and technical advice to the client.
- Develop future relationships with the client, consultants and trade contractors.
- Ensure the companies quality sign off procedures are adhered to and all associated paperwork completed accurately
- Ensure H&S registers and signing in regularly monitored and updated and records filed
- Advise the Contracts Manager/ QS immediately of any discrepancies or difference in contract specification
- Attend weekly supervisors meetings and report back to Contracts Manager
- Manage and arrange all labour as the project dictates
- Ensure adequacy of resources.
- Monitor the expenditure of materials and labour to ensure budgets are not exceeded - it is noted that in certain instances works may need to proceed which have not been budgeted. Prior to expending monies which exceed budget the employee is to liaise with his manager.
- Monitor & record safety on site.
- Monitor quality on site.
- Review project and team performance during/ after projects
- Assist with Defects liability.
- Assist first 12 months maintenance order.
- Comply fully with business and reporting procedures in an honest and open manner.
- Nurture relationships with internal and external customers.
If you are looking for an excellent opportunity to not only excel as a Painting & Decorating Supervisor but also beyond that and to continue your development with an expanding business. Please send your CV to Carl Tipping for review.
Role: Painting & Decorating Supervisor - London
Job Type: Permanent
Location: City, South East
Apply for this job now.