Company: GIANT MEDICAL, LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Seeking a full-time/part-time Clinical Technician will float between Maryville, Swansea, and Alton area to work in physician medical practice(s). This position will secure specimens for testing to provide data for use in the treatment of disease by performing the following duties:
- Interpret physician's orders and obtains a requisition to secure specimen testing.
- Obtain signed patient consent forms.
- Obtain samples from patients using buccal swab test kits and preparing test kits and specimens for transport to the laboratory for analysis.
- Obtain accurate and current patient medications information through EMR or medical records to be sent with a specimen.
- Provide accurate and complete documentation required for the tasks performed, including all patient information.
- Properly handle Medical Records and Test Results.
- Check, inspect and ensure proper storage and handling of specimens
- Complete appropriate routing, handling, and processing of medical specimens and patient medications information.
- Perform tests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Document all requests and results of lab work accurately.
- Ensure physicians receive lab results and patient reports.
- Provide test results to other physicians on file for the patient as appropriate.
- Inventory, order and stock supplies.
- Provide Personalized Medication Card to patient.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
The ideal candidate will hold an Associate's Degree or higher. A minimum of one year's experience in a medical environment is preferred. The individual must be able to operate general office equipment and computers; work with integrity; possess good interpersonal and communication skills; and work collaboratively with others.
Strict adherence to the Company's policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Compliance Programs, including HIPAA Privacy and Security of patient information, is required.
Powered by JazzHR