About The Company
ONX Homes is a transformative, vertically integrated single-family home developer. ONX's mission is to provide high quality and affordable homes with a focus on sustainability and long life. ONX uses its proprietary design/engineering methodology and off-site fabrication technology to dramatically increase the speed of construction. Once built, ONX then takes its customers through an advanced, technology-enabled sales and closing experience that is both efficient and comfortable. Beginning in Texas and Florida, ONX plans to bring its unique model to major growth across the US in the next several years.
What You Will Be Doing
The Procurement Planner/Buyer organizes production according to demand and quality standards, ensuring smooth and cost-efficient flow of our production operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate production workflow for one or multiple products
- Strategize to find cost-effective deals and suppliers
- Identify best practices to cut procurement expenses
- Negotiate with vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determine manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Assign workers and other staff to particular production operations
- Schedule shift according to production needs
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
- Keep paperwork organized
- Collaborate with quality control, warehouse and other staff
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years' proven experience as a Production Planner
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles
- Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems
- Good at math and statistics
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Commitment to adhering to all quality and health and safety procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift heavy loads, work in awkward spaces safely and stand for long hours. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this sounds like you, you should apply right away so we can discuss how you can be a part of this exciting, fast-paced organization!
ONX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR