COMPANY: CANADA LIFE LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we’re building
We now need an additional Trader with trading experience at a buy-side or sell-side institution in fixed income or equities to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Asset Management function, so it can Support Canada Life’s Individual and Wealth businesses as well as other Great West group companies through the management of their general account portfolios, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers in both Europe and North America.
- Trading a wide range of products for all of Canada Life’s investment teams
- Monitoring execution is in line with the best execution policy at all times
- Assisting with on-going IT developments on the desk to bring added value to the team and bring efficiencies to the trading process
- Provide investment teams with market commentary, daily feedback where necessary and advice on traded/open positions
- Managing relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders both internal and external
- Assist other traders as necessary
What you’ll do
- Work as part of a trading team
- Accept, execute and process all deals across all regions and respond to queries and problems in a timely fashion. Manage complex programme trades to the same standard.
- Liaise with middle office to ensure systems reflect correct holdings and transactions.
- Application and understanding of the Order Management and Execution Management system.
- Understand, monitor and review broker performance in execution quality and venue analysis
- Build and maintain relationships, and communicate relevant and insightful market information to the relevant investment teams.
- Develop and maintain strong external network to facilitate best execution and market intelligence.
- Minimise commission and maximise effective transacting by our execution venues.
- Daily processing of internal fund dealing
- Support compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional & legal requirements.
- Act as intermediary with market pricing and analysis providers. Respond to any queries and problems.
Who you are
- Confident, Articulate, Proactive, Team oriented
- Strong understanding of financial markets as well as market mechanics and the trading process through to settlement.
- Highly effective IT competencies
- Awareness of regulatory developments in financial markets.
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Ideally have Trading experience at a buy-side or sell side institution with an understanding of TCA
- Fixed Income, equity and derivative knowledge
- Study and pass the SII and IMC qualification
- This is a Controlled Function and requires training and competence appropriate to the role
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Our focus is to have an engaged, committed and motivated work force, operating in a high performing and collaborative culture. We want to create an organisation that offers opportunities for all our people to develop their skills and talent, and build rewarding careers with us.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.