Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passionate about cooking great food for our Brass Tap customers
- Arrives to work on time, well groomed in a clean uniform for every shift
- Adheres to Brass Tap uniform standards and dress code
- Follows all Brass Tap safety, sanitation, and employee guidelines
- Follows day prep par sheet and completes all duties assigned
- Sets up sani-buckets, maintains a clean work area during the shift
- Follows proper food rotation, understands how to date and label all items (both prepped and unprepped)
- Strictly adheres to Brass Tap recipes and procedures when preparing and cooking all food items
- Cooks and plates menu items according to Brass Tap recipe specs and ticket time guidelines
- Practices “clean as you go” techniques to avoid cross contamination
- Assists and completes the daily line checklist for shift readiness
- Can complete requirements of job without constant supervision
- Able to use a scale for proper portioning
- Calibrates bio-thermometers and scales for accurate results
- Follows all HACCP Food Safety guidelines for heating and cooling of food products
- Assists in checking in, unloading, dating, rotating, and storage of all delivered products
- Demonstrates a positive attitude at all times, willing to help out where needed
- Assist other employees to complete any tasks during shift
- Dumps trash and cardboard from kitchen into proper receptacles in the back of the restaurant
Candidate Minimal Requirements:
Education: Previous kitchen experience preferred but not required
Physical requirements for this position include:
- Continuous standing, bending, lifting/ carrying items (up to 60 pounds)
- Exposure to heat (up to 1000 F or more)
- Ability to read recipes, prep sheets, charts in English
- Understand measuring ingredients by weight and by volume, able to use ounce and pound scales for measuring.
- Able to operate a slicer for cutting meats, cheeses, and vegetables (must be 18 years of age)
- Must be able to competently operate the grill, fryer, oven and any other kitchen equipment to accurately and timely prepare all food items as orders are registered.
- Team Player
- Hard Working
This description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job.
The Brass Tap is all about American craft beer, wine, cocktails, delicious food and fun! Come be part of the team providing great food and beverage to the Annapolis Mall!
Come enjoy a great working environment and fun working conditions.
We are looking for people who are:
• Love working in a high energy, fast paced environment
• Committed to quality
• Friendly, fun loving people
• Driven to consistently perform at a high level
• Motivated by working as a valuable member of a team
The Brass Tap is looking for experienced line cooks for evening and late night shifts. If you take pride in preparing quality food, come join our team!
Role: Line Cook
Apply for this job now.