The William F. Buckley, Jr. Program is seeking an energetic, organized, and thoughtful Development Director who is passionate about the mission of our organization. The Development Director will design and implement the Buckley Program’s development strategy, working closely with and reporting to the Executive Director. The Director will plan and direct the Program’s fundraising initiatives, including annual giving, major gifts, events, and planned giving. Tasks will span donor research, cultivation, and communications.
- Create, execute, and evaluate short-term and long-term development plan
- Direct and coordinate annual giving program, including solicitations through direct mail, telephone, and in-person meetings
- Conduct prospect research and implement cultivation initiatives, building strong relationships with donors
- Grant writing and foundation relations, including timely reporting
- Establish major gifts and planned giving programs
- Manage gift recognition programs and development database
- Oversee publications and communications to support fundraising initiatives, such as annual reports, newsletters, and brochures
- Collaborate with Executive Director on driving support for the Program’s fundraising events
- Organize meetings for Executive Director with potential and current funders
- Attend major organization events
- Other related duties as requested
Compensation commensurate with experience. We offer health and dental insurance as well as a matching SIMPLE IRA plan. Some travel may be required. This is a chance to join a hardworking and dedicated team at an exciting time for a growing organization. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a proven track record of results.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- 5+ years of professional work experience; experience in fundraising strongly preferred
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Mature judgment and good character
- Strong philosophical alignment with and passion for the principles of the Buckley Program
- A bachelor’s degree
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position, alignment with the mission of the Buckley Program, and salary requirements
- Writing sample
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit #removed# to learn about our mission, organization, and activities.
Role: Development Director
Location: New Haven,
Apply for this job now.