Nisqually Construction Services, LLC is a full-service Construction and Construction Management firm serving the greater Seattle area and beyond. Our teams are supporting some of the most challenging infrastructure projects in the region. As part of a team of construction management professionals, the Construction Manager is responsible for assisting Native American tribes across the United States in the construction of new justice or social service facilities. The CM provides high level project management oversight and guidance related to project planning. Experience with the NEPA process is desired. This position allows for the option to work remotely.
This position reports to US Department of Justice and personnel and background checks will be required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide high level project management oversight of Native American Tribal projects under a consulting contract with the Department of Justice.
- Support assigned Tribes with, but not limited to, site selection, existing facility feasibility survey, NEPA permit applications, A/E services solicitation and RFP development, General Contracting services solicitation, construction cost estimate review and project schedule review
- Travel to assigned Tribal reservations during project planning and possibly during construction. Typically, only one or two trips to sites is required.
- Provide detailed reports to the Department of Justice including site visit details and project updates or concerns.
- Provide project updates to the Department of Justice as projects progress.
- Leverage knowledge of design services, general contracting, estimating and project scheduling, etc. to provide guidance to those with limited project planning and execution experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience required.
- Experience with the general principles of project planning and execution, including but not limited to, selecting design services and developing contract documents, publicly bidding construction projects, cost estimating, project scheduling, site feasibility review, project documentation and reporting, and acquiring permits.
- Experience with commercial or general facility construction. Infrastructure experience will also be considered.
- BS/BA degree in Architecture/Civil Engineering or Construction Management is required.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Nisqually Construction Services is a tribally owned DBE 8(a) small business that combines the construction expertise and experience of the Nisqually Indian Tribe with that of the former Walsh, Hedlund and Harlow Construction firm. With numerous successfully completed projects in a variety of construction types, we can provide you with unsurpassed experience while providing the ultimate in project quality, integrity and leadership.
NCS provides general contracting, construction management, estimating, scheduling and constructability review services. We are experienced in all areas of construction, contract types, and contract management, including MACC, MATOC, ID/IQ, GC/CM, Design-Build and competitive bid. In addition to our project management team, we have skilled tradesmen and a full complement of qualified subcontractors to augment our in-house capabilities, which enables us to meet all contract requirements
Role: Construction Project Management Oversight Coordinator
Apply for this job now.