TO APPLY, PLEASE USE LINK BELOW...
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Shipping Supervisor to join the AFCO Data Communication Divison in Farmingdale, NY.
This position is responsible for the planning, oversight and daily activities of the Shipping & Receiving Department within a metal fabrication plant. This role requires and adherence to honesty, reliability and the highest level of integrity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Will You Do?
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee all Shipping & Receiving activities including management of all incoming and outgoing logistics, department personnel, processes and equipment
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure a seamless flow of materials and information to assure outstanding service level to customers
- Analyze department workload and schedule personnel to ensure efficient and timely delivery, meeting cost and quality objectives
- Manage department personnel by effectively communicating goals, enabling unity and resolving grievances
- Promote safety in conjunction with efficient work processes
- Provide effective leadership, guidance and coaching to ensure optimal personnel effectiveness and engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the management of organizational traffic (Freight in and out)
- SAP or similar business application experience
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to arrive promptly for shift and stand and/or walk for duration of shift
- Ability to hear, speak, kneel, bend and use a step ladder or stool
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds
- Capable of working in a manufacturing environment
Every day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity.
About Legrand’s Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, and OCL, Legrand designs and manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies, using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and built to last. Our products offer the design professional a complete palette of integrated products that breathe life into architectural spaces for design that lasts. Legrand’s specification grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and the integrated product line allows designers to create multi-level lighting scenarios using various luminaires from an extensive offering.
Visit us at:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Role: Shipping Supervisor
Apply for this job now.