COMPANY: GREYSTAR EUROPE
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: Competitive Salary + Benefits and Bonus
Greystar is a market leading fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment, development, and property management of multifamily residential properties globally. The UK business is rapidly growing to become a market leader, providing exceptional student accommodation through our Chapter platform, as well as growing a portfolio of Multi Family (Private Rental Sector) properties.
The role involves management and responsibility for the Development Finance team. Key business partner for the Development team, legal, treasury and tax on all Development accounting related matters. Ownership of all stakeholder financial reporting requirements for the development fund structures.
- Manage a team of 5 including Development Accountants and Junior Accountants. Emphasis on team development via training team members and staff performance in accordance with company policies, values and business practice. Will also include interviewing and hiring in the team if required. Manage timelines and deliverables have a high performing team.
- Ensure monthly funding process for all development projects happens smoothly. Review the Capital calls, draws and debt funding requests for all projects, as prepared by the Development Accountants.
- Oversee the monthly financial close for all development structures and the review and presentation of monthly financial reporting.
- Lead the quarterly Fair Value reporting from a finance perspective for all Development assets from coordinating the inputs to the development team (costs to complete).
- Manage all internal and external reporting of the funds including quarterly management accounts and lender compliance reporting.
- Point of contact with LP investors at a senior level.
- Review all payment runs before they are sent to Administrator for processing. Ensure strong working relationship with Administrator is maintained.
- Review monthly/quarterly VAT returns across all development projects.
- Identify areas to improve existing processes and templates to increase team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Work alongside the operational finance team to standardise processes and ensure a seamless transition from the development team to operations team when completed assets are transferred.
- Provide first level technical accounting and operational process support to the team, through coaching and assistance.
- Coordination with external auditors on annual audit of all fund structures.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA), preferably with exposure to Real Estate development accounting and company structures.
- Basic understanding of VAT.
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures and double entry book-keeping.
- Working knowledge of IFRS within the Real Estate sector.
- Experience of working in a similar role within a fast-paced multi-site business ideally within the Real Estate sector.
- Demonstrated to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, internal and external auditors, and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor team members and/or peers.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manipulate and sort large volume of data in excel.
- Experience in both investment level accounting and development accounting.