WE ARE CURRENTLY LOCATED IN BUENA PARK, CA. WE WILL BE TRANSITIONING TO MORENO VALLEY, CA BEGINNING OF 2019. COMMUTE PACKAGES WILL BE DISCUSSED DURING INTERVIEW PROCESS.
Solaris is a tissue converting company with affiliated plants and warehouses across the US. It's been in business since 2007 and has steadily grown in the away from home (AFH), retail private label (PL) and retail branded (FIORA) sales channels.
Import is part of the supply chain department. Within supply chain, Import account and shipment management is a main focus in the USA Tissue Business Unit (TBU).
To oversee and manage the overall import logistics activities related to sourcing from international origin to US warehouse or to customers/warehouses and 3rd party base paper sales.
This position is a key support role to the 3rd party base paper sales. To the on sight 3rd party base paper manager / sales. This position is the internal go-to for questions or issues concerning all things related to 3rd party base paper sales.
Additionally this position provides key information/reports to a number of internal and external customers.
- Import Carrier Contracting, Rate Negotiation, Relationship, Routing, and Compliance of all company freight. Set up Carrier Capacity and Commitment Management to support efficient supply chain. Analyze different carriers to determine the most efficient and economical method of delivering products to customers or warehouse.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Reporting to track improvements. Responsible for determining the impact of network changes on transportation tasks and processes, and updates procedures necessary to adapt to changes · Establishes and maintains relationships with prime vendors in the import freight carrier / freight forwarder industry to ensure timely and damage-free delivery of products from vendor and to our customers. ·
- Interacts with internal and external business partners to develop transportation strategies. These business partners to include internal and external customers, consumers, transportation, external and internal vendors.
- Contact person for the mills and sales department with issues regarding international shipping and order logistics.
- Responsible for informing relevant Solaris personnel, as well as Customers, Customer Service and Accounting, of shipment status.
- Track containers from origin to destination and ensure that all preparations are made for the containers arrival and customs clearance.
- Manage and update shipment status and delivery data in the SAP system.
- When special shipments and instructions are given, expected to monitor carriers and truckers to ensure complete delivery.
- Verify that off-site warehouse have received inventory, as expected, in correct quantity and good condition.
- Create and file claim form to either shipping line or insurance company, if any damage or discrepancy of the products receive.
- Verify the invoices from the vendors against the order.
SHIPPER : liase and align corporate supply chain srategy and implementation
Solaris Sales and Customer Service : ensure on-time, damage-free deliveries with best cost option, resolve delivery issues
Solaris Accounting : provide timely delivery information for accurate and timely invoicing
Customers : ensure on-time, damage-free deliveries with best cost option
Transportation, warehouse, shipping lines, and 3PL vendors : negotiate and manage contracts and rates, terms and conditions of service, scorecards, and expectations
US Customs and Customs House Brokers : liase and front end of customs-related activities on import and compliance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred.
3-5 years' experience in import/export transportation management in retail, distributed service, or trucking industry and in inventory management would be highly preferred
- Basic Knowledge of the Import process
- Familiarity with Excel and other Microsoft office programs
- Strong background in negotiating contracts.
- Brings industry leading skills in domestic and international shipping and freight terms.
- Ability to drive business results by saving cost in the logistics and transportation activities of the entire field operation.
- Ability to mentor and teach other leaders in the field.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
This job is in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, email, phones/cell, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. There is sitting and repetitive hand, finger and wrist use.
The position may be required on occasion to travel by car and airline to offices across the US.
Founded in May 2010, Solaris Paper is a North American manufacturer of towels, tissues, and dispensers for commercial and away-from-home markets. Our sustainable manufacturing process uses Rapidly Renewable Fiber (RRF), for paper that is as smart as it is strong. Every day, at every level - our employees embody the innovation that sets Solaris apart. We offer growth and stability, competitive pay and benefits and a flexible work environment. Like our paper, Solaris employees are some of the brightest in the business.
Role: Import Specialist
Location: Moreno Valley,
Apply for this job now.