* Set-up and run a variety of machines used in the manufacture of our products, for example, Moulder, Sander, Press, Glueing, Swing Saw, Rip Saw, Router and Planer.
* Checks orders for correct quantities and specifications.
* Reads appropriate blueprint and sets-up machine accordingly.
* Runs sample piece then checks measurements to assure it meets specs, and makes adjustments as needed.
* Monitors production to maintain quality.
* Grades and repairs as needed.
* Performs “basic” preventive maintenance.
* Maintains clean work area.
* Notifies supervisor of any problems.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to read simple blueprints.
* Thorough knowledge of machine operation and controls.
* Ability to use simple hand tools.
* Knowledge and ability to use calipers and other measuring devices.
* Thorough knowledge of lockout/tagout procedure
Role: Machine Operator - 1st Shift
Apply for this job now.