Business Development Manager
Title: Business Development Manager (“BDM”)
Responsibilities: Sales and Strategic Partnerships to drive growth
Location: London (Marylebone)
Reporting to: CEO
Our client is a privately-owned and early-stage specialty finance business, with rapid growth ambitions. The company's launch products (Probate Advance and Estate Advance) provide innovative financial solutions to beneficiaries and executors of deceased estates. The company is backed by a team of highly respected and serially successful investors, with deep experience across finance and technology.
Develop, implement, and take ownership of the sales strategy in order to drive new business growth, manage key strategic relationships and leverage partner relationships to develop new product offerings.
Responsibilities include managing the various distribution channels, creating new sales opportunities, and developing new strategic partnerships with introducers, including distribution platforms, solicitors and other specialist professionals.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, the BDM will be primarily responsible for initial “scale up” through the development and maintenance of the company's most significant client relationships, whilst ensuring that the knowledge gained through these relationships is reflected in the B2C strategy as well as new product development.
This role presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant impact on the growth of both existing product lines as well as new products and services. The BDM must be a pro-active self-starter who can think independently and creatively to drive growth and innovation within a small team.
Together with the CEO, the role will cover the overall sales strategy incorporating both B2B and B2C channels.
The ideal candidate will have the capability to build and manage a larger business development team over time as the business grows.
- Build and deliver a business development strategy that creates meaningful growth opportunities
- Respond to market trends by developing new products and services that meet customer needs
- Act as the interface between the business and its key strategic partners
- Manage key relationships - from senior partners to start-ups and disruptive platforms that present commercial opportunities.
- Present propositions and solutions at seminars, road shows, to individual advisers and at other events to the highest possible standards
- Opportunity to lead the Business Development function, including recruiting and developing a best-in-class team over time
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Pro-active salesperson who can identify growth opportunities, think outside the box and execute on a clear strategy
- Evidence of achieving and/or exceeding ambitious sales targets in previous roles
- Strong inter-personal, management and planning skills
- Strong relationship management skills, ideally within the legal and/or probate space in the UK. An existing network is highly desirable
- Good communication skills
- Ambitious self-starter with a drive to succeed and deliver
The candidate will be based within the clients central London offices (M