Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Oxfordshire County Council to provide them with a Senior SEN Case Officer to join their team on an interim for 3-6 months which is likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Rate of Pay £200 - £240 per hour - Negotiable depending on experience.
About the role: • To support the PfA (preparing for adulthood) Lead Officer to ensure that the strategic aims for young people with special educational needs are met within the legislative frameworks. Take lead responsibility for advising parents, schools, colleges and providers in implementing SEND decisions, managing expectations, issues and arising disputes on these decisions and to lead and manage the Tribunal process for all PfA cases.
This will be a fully remote role. (WORKING FROM HOME)
- Managing and overseeing the whole assessment and placement process for young people Yr 9 and above, ensuring that each assessment is handled efficiently and within statutory deadlines, ensuring each EHC plan issued is of high quality.
- Leading and attending Way Forward, Mediation and pre-Tribunal meetings as required. Being the LA representative at Tribunals, unless legal representation is required.
- Providing professional support and advice (including training where required) to Headteachers, Principles of Colleges, SENCO's, Governing bodies/Academy Trust, to ensure that they are compliant with the Code of Practice and Disability Discrimination Act.
- Ensuring that the planning process for 14+ Transition is in place and reviewed with the PfA Lead Officer to ensure it is compliant with legislation.
- Monitoring placements, attending annual and transition reviews as necessary to ensure that the pupil's needs are met, the Local Authority is receiving value for money and to take responsibility to involve other professionals. This may include acting as Lead Professional/Officer
- Ensuring that all records for students are maintained and up to date at all times. This will ensure that an audit trail of involvement is kept and is able to be produced if required.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Richard Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke Group
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare