Come Grow with us! Vermeer All Roads in Hopkinton, MA needs your mechanical skills! We are searching for a Heavy Equipment Tech/Mechanic to join the growing team. This role is responsible for the repair of Vermeer machinery and components. The work must be completed in a safe, professional, and timely manner. Based upon their level of expertise, the service technician may work under direct supervision. This is a full time position eligible for benefits with competitive hourly rates & production bonuses available.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Service, repair, and recondition Vermeer Equipment as directed by the branch service manager.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions. Hydraulics & hydrostatic experience required.
- Recognize and suggest appropriate repairs to the service manager.
- Be familiar with the latest industry trends and technical advancements and successfully apply them in daily activities.
- Keep accurate and detailed records of all repairs preformed.
- Experienced welder
- Creating estimates for repair costs.
- Communicate with the factory for technical assistance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life and supplemental insurance offerings
- 401k with company contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Company paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Employee referral bonus program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 50 lbs and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 50 lbs.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Hydraulic and hydrostatic experience
- Electrical troubleshooting experience
- Welding experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently
Vermeer All Roads provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vermeer All Roads complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR