Are you looking for a career in Education? Do you have a passion to work with young people in a secondary school? Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting a Graduate Teaching Assistant to join our client secondary school in Warrington from September 2021.
We are looking for a recent graduate who has studied Psychology, Sports Science, Maths, English or Science and are interested in a career in education.
As a graduate Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Work 1-2-1 with students aged 11-16
- Support pupils with various special educational needs
- Provide social, emotional and mental health support
- Work closely with teachers and senior leaders to track progress
- Improve the confidence and self-esteem of students
- Manage challenging behaviour
Our client school is Oftsed rated 'GOOD' and has a very strong ambitious leadership team. The proportion of students that the academy has identified as disabled or having special educational needs, therefore requiring extra support through 'school action' or 'school action plus' is lower than the national average, as is the proportion of students with a statement of special educational needs. Although a lower percentage overall of SEN in the school, those who do need the support need a dedicated, caring and approachable graduate to guide them through their school journey.
To be selected for this role you must:
- Be a recent graduate
- Have a strong passion and interest to work with young people
- Have a calm and caring approach
- Be reliable and organized
- Have a valid DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for one
Benefits of this role:
- Additional FREE CPD training courses to enhance your career
- Full time Monday-Friday permanent role
- Earn £10.20 per hour
- Long term career progression from Teaching Assistant to Qualified Teacher
- Weekly pay via PAYE and NO agency fees
- September 2021 start date
If you are interested in this position please apply now with your updated CV.