COMPANY: NEXT EMPLOYMENT LIMITED
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
I am presently recruiting for an Accounts Payable person for an investment bank in the City. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a friendly growing accounts team at a pivotal point in the business.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Process Invoices for multiple entities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review invoices for proper documentation and approvals, process payments, post entries to the accounts payable system.
- Review daily general ledger to ensure accuracy. Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Monitor AP Inbox, and ensure all invoices received are processed in authorization and escalated where necessary.
- Reconciliation of Bank Accounts & Intercompany accounts
- Review and approve employee expense claims, credit card reconciliations and petty cash
- Prepare and maintain accounts payable records and reports.
- Maintain all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and accounts payable files.
- Gather information for and prepare supporting documents for sales and US tax returns.
- Resolve accounts payable issues among internal departments and external suppliers.
- Other ad-hoc duties
We are looking for?
- Good Accounts Payable Experience
- Knowledge and a general understanding of accounting procedures
- An individual who can multi-task, is accountable and proactive and dynamic with an interest in developing a career in finance.
- Strong time management skills and ability to complete work accurately in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to prioritize own work, work unsupervised and is a flexible team player who is willing to help team other members
- Excellent communication skills - written and oral.
- Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative and possesses “can-do” attitude and is confident in making suggestions to improve current processes
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Minimum of 1 years of accounting experience
- Other tasks requested by heads of department