Under the direction of the Senior Care Manager, the Care Manager Associate (CMA) is responsible for providing comprehensive care coordination services to members who are enrolled in the Health Services for Children with Special Needs (HSCSN) health plan.The CMA routinely communicates with members on their assigned caseload to assess their needs; develop, monitor and evaluate treatment plan progress; and assist with coordinating care and referring to appropriate services for members who have mild medical and psychosocial needs.
- One to three years of related experience in managed care and /or case management
- One to three years experience in clinical or community resource settings
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Familiarity with computer systems and applications, particularly inMicrosoft Office suite.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interpret and apply departmental requirements
- Ability to make sound decisions and use good judgment Ability to participate in professional, multidisciplinary meetings to include internal and external staff meetings
Associates degreein a healthcare, population health, public health, or social work field required.Bachelors degree preferred.
The HSC Health Care System combines the resources of a health plan, pediatric hospital, home health agency and nonprofit foundation to serve and empower families with complex health care needs.
Role: Care Manager Associate
Apply for this job now.