Company: CONFLUENT MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Confluent Medical Technologies is dedicated to working collaboratively with our customers, taking projects from rapid prototype into high volume production. Our unparalleled technical expertise, proven experience and partnership with our clients has allowed us to perfect the process necessary to deliver world-class medical devices through innovative material science, engineering and manufacturing. Our primary capabilities include: Nitinol components, balloon catheters, delivery systems, biomedical textiles, access kits, and guidewires. We take pride in our position as the leader in the medical technology space and are driven by a passion to create products that our clients have envisioned for their customers.
We are seeking a Senior Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join our dynamic team of industry leading experts.
- Evaluates both existing and proposed processes relative to their impact on environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance. Provide EHS technical information and guidance to improve processes and systems in safety, engineering design of equipment (including equipment guarding), and new construction in the facility.
- Ability to interpret and sensibly apply environmental, health and safety regulations to business operations.
- Obtains and maintains environmental permits and licenses as well as prepare and submit the required environmental applications, reports, fees, and letters to government agencies.
- Must be skilled at developing and managing key written EHS programs including but not limited to IIPP, HazCom, COVID-19 Mitigation, Ergonomics, Hearing Conservation Programs, Working at Heights, Forklift Safety, Contractor Safety, Emergency Action Plans, Fire-Life Safety, PPE, Hot Work Permits, Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation, Respiratory Protection, LOTO, SWPPP, Hazardous Waste Operations, Waste-Water Treatment Systems, Air Permitting Compliance and Laser Safety Programs
- Manage and review loss histories and OSHA Log summaries & associated records to identify trends and make recommendation to management. Lead all work injuries and illnesses investigations identifying root-cause and obtaining closure on countermeasures.
- Maintains records including but not limited to industrial hygiene studies & related employee communications, SDS, Master Chemical List, OSHA 300/300A summary reports, Incident Investigations, Medical Waste Permits, EPCRA Tier II, Air Permitting Compliance, DTSC, Waste-Water Treatment System Compliance, Forklift Certifications, First Aid Certifications and associated Medical Surveillance Programs.
- Conduct periodic self-inspections of the site to ensure operations conform to regulatory and Corporate standards.
- Help raise the safety awareness level developing programs that promote safety and engage stakeholders. This includes formation, management, and leadership of an employee safety committee.
- Develops and provides EHS training including new employee orientation.
- Knowledge in EHS requirements for the operations of molten salt baths, waste-water treatment systems and technologies (metals) and laser safety (past or present LSO designation a plus)
- Partners with Corporate EHS on initiatives, projects and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Remains current with environmental, health and safety regulatory changes. Participates in appropriate professional training and organizations.
- BS in Environmental or applied sciences (chemistry, biology, physics), or BS Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a Medical Device or Pharmaceutical mfg. environment focused exclusively on EHS compliance.
- Ability to effectively communicate with gov officials/agencies including but not limited to BAAQMD, DTSC, Cal-OSHA, Health Departments
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of OSHA/EPA Regulations (both Federal/State)
- Knowledge of BAAQMD Rules and Regulations
- Comfortable using software such as Word, PPT, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
Confluent Medical Technologies offers very competitive compensation and benefits and is proud to have a distinguished reputation across Silicon Valley and throughout the medical device industry around the world! We welcome eager and ambitious team players to apply! There is no better time to join Confluent.
Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please.
We regret that we are unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on a time-limited visa status for this position.
Confluent Medical Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.