DRAW is a growing service company in search of a Senior Staff Accountant to join our organization in the role of an Accounting Manager that provides Accounting related services to 12 facilities which specialize in hauling, paper recycling and waste management. If you would like to contribute to an expanding organization with high expectations and standards for its employees, we look forward to hearing from you today.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join our team in Chicago, IL (Pilsen neighborhood). Candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of Accounting, including, but not limited to: general and cost accounting, accounts payables, accounts receivables, monthly close process and financial reporting.
The Senior Staff Accountant is part of a team of Accounting professionals that is responsible for completing the daily/monthly accounting, inventory control and reconciliation and project accounting functions for multiple locations, including, but not limited to: Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas and Florida.
This position operates in a manufacturing office setting.
Career growth opportunities to manage Junior Staff Accountants.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position performs the following for each recycling and plant location (as appropriate):
- A strong team player that has patience and works well with others- participates in team meetings, communicates well with team members in remote locations and the ability to train others and cross train within the Accounting team.
- Travel approximately 25% of the time to locations, including, but not limited to: Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas and Florida to conduct Accounting audits and complete training of team members.
- Responsible for assisting with various audits and reviews as assigned.
- Assists in accounting activities as needed, including, but not limited to: balance sheet account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, forecasting, physical inventory and financial statement analysis.
- Complete all monthly, quarterly and annual accounting entries required to close the books and to complete the individual plant cost books.
- Handle closing for all locations which include the reconciliation of inventory to the GL and other necessary GL entries to close the books.
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation within the department
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of monthly inputs from all locations to achieve a timely close of the books activity. This requires collaboration with team members from Operations at all remote locations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office computer skills.
- 1 - 2 years manufacturing or transportation industry experience a plus.
- Approximately 25% travel.
- ACCPAC knowledge and ability to navigate, export and report would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally interact with plant personnel as well across all levels of management.
- An ambitious professional who wants to be challenged with roles of increasing responsibility and is excited about moving into different roles in the organization over the course of his or her career.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Capable of multi-tasking with competing priorities and changing demands in a high pressure environment.
Corporate Coverage has operated a secured recovery facility in the Chicago land area for 30+ years. There are four facilities throughout the Chicago land area that specialize in purchasing recyclable commodities that most recyclers can not handle. These include recyclables ranging from commercially generated cardboard, all grades of printer paper, office paper, shrink wrap, and various types of plastic to many other commodities. We are dedicated to providing prompt, quality recycling services. Our goal for our customers is to reduce their waste stream through recycling.
Role: Accounting Manager (Transportation and Manufacturing) 25% Travel
Apply for this job now.