Do you have an interest in supporting children with learning disabilities to enable them to lead a more independent life? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of these people?
The Social Care Department is actively seeking Children Learning Disability Support Workers to work within an award-winning service located in Northallerton.The service is a bespoke specialist service for people who are aged from 6 -19 with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs.
The home offers a large comfortable lounge, separate dining room, kitchen, quiet room and Bedrooms as well as an activities room.
- Title: Children's Learning Disability Support Worker
- Location: Northallerton
- Job Type: Permanent
- Shifts: 2 on 5 off - 3 on 4 off
- 7am - 22:00
- Pay: £26,800 a year
- Immediate starts available
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Variety of work in different social care and healthcare settings
- Support from an specialist consultant
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Agency worker of the month prize £50
- Entry into our Golden Ticket draw to win £500 every quarter
- 24-hour registration - register from the comfort of your own home
- Holiday pay- paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Contributed pension
What you'll be doing as a Children's Learning Disability Support Worker
You will provide therapeutic care and support to patients with autistic spectrum conditions and associated complex needs which includes observing, monitoring, and keeping a record of patient conditions, treating each person with dignity, compassion, and honesty. You will be helping with their Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible. You will have the support of a team of multi-professionals.
What you'll need to be successful as a Children's Learning Disability Support Worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for Children with Learning disabilities
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- The right to work in the UK
Interested? If you think you're right for this Children's Learning Disability Support Worker role, then click the 'apply' button below
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.