Currently has a full-time position open for a Senior Technology Manager. The Senior Technology Manager will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout, working closely with management staff to assess and address user and client needs. Areas of responsibility include the full rant of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading company-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. The Senior Technology Manager will manage the IT and the Data Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide leadership and strategic direction related to hardware and software maintenance, training and consultation, and recommendations about future planning and development of resources.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
• Manage telecommunications infrastructure.
• Oversee and provide technical expertise for systems development, upgrades, enhancements, conversions, file maintenance, and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
• Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT/Data staff and to end-users.
• Implement computer information resources, providing for data security, controls and disaster recovery.
• Develop strategies and plans to improve user effectiveness, enhance client services, and foster innovation.
• Manage and direct IT and Data staff in all stages of system infrastructure and improvements to ensure optimal operational performance through testing of computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
• Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance and discipline.
• Oversee and track IT ticketing system requests.
• Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
• Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
• Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business, system and client requirements.
• Provide insight and IT advice on program budgets and RFP responses as needed.
• Identify validation rules and business process opportunities to improve accurate data entry.
• Prepare regular reports and graphs as well as ad-hoc queries, often in real-time.
• Work with the Program Data Manager and operational teams to identify and document opportunities for system improvement.
1. Ability to manager Tier 1 support troubleshooting common desktop issues, installing software, running updates
2. Extensive experience in Local and Wide Area Networks
3. Extensive experience in database configuration
4. Working knowledge of:
• HTML and CSS
• VMware - vSphere, VDR
• Citrix - XenApp, NetScaler VPX
• MS Windows Server - Active Directory
• MS Exchange Server
• MS SQL Server/Oracle
• Network architecture - Cisco, SonicWALL
• HW/SW purchasing and installation/deployment
• Windows 7 and 8 desktop PC environments
• Helpdesk operations
• IT security policies
• VoIP phone system management
• PBX Management
• Data Management
• Supporting client application suites like Microsoft Office 2000, 2003 and 2007.
• Supporting local and network printers
• Supporting users remotely via VPN, Cellular and other remote connectivity techniques.
• Network equipment: SAN, VLAN, Switches, Routers, WiFi and Exchange.
• Experience negotiating cost effective agreements with IT and facilities vendors.
5. Database experience - Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server.
6. Familiar with creating and running macros and database queries.
7. Strong analytical/problem-solving skills; able to develop and evaluate options and implement.
• A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field. Or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials; Grad degree preferred
• Ten or more years of progressive IT/Data Management experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
• Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
• Experience working in energy efficiency, demand side management or similar environment preferred.
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the work.
START - Specialized Talent Acquisition Recruiting Team. We offer 24/7 staffing services to the Metro Detroit Area.
Role: Sr Technology Manager
Apply for this job now.