Teaching Personnel is the UK's leading education recruitment agency, we specialise in supplying staff on a permanent and temporary basis to schools in the UK and Wales. We are currently recruiting for a talented individual to join us as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant in our Manchester branch, starting in January/February 2021.
Are you ambitious about a career and money motivated? Does the opportunity to work for the market leader within education recruitment appeal to you? Whether you have prior experience in the industry or would join as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant, our Manchester location has a strong reputation throughout the company and is thriving. You will join our Manchester location as a trainee recruitment consultant, receiving unrivalled daily coaching and on-going support to ensure you are successful within this role. Previous experience in sales is not essential for this role, our unique learning and development programme will give you the practical and theory to be a successful recruiter.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Recruitment Consultant at Teaching Personnel, you are the vital link between our client schools and candidates. You will join a thriving team who work solely with secondary schools and work to expectations and targets to continue the growth within our Manchester location.
- Make a high volume of sales and business development calls to secondary schools across your local area
- Build and develop your own candidate database by sourcing and recruiting quality secondary teachers and support staff and matching them to temporary and permanent job placements
- Conduct face-to-face and virtual client meetings to build relationships with key decision makers in schools in order to successfully service your client schools
- Work to KPIs and targets in line with your branch and career ladder
- Partake in the companies unique learning and development programme to enhance your recruitment knowledge and understanding of the job
- Support your team and achieve team targets as well as individual accolades
Teaching Personnel have provided a first-rate service to over 5,000 schools throughout the UK since 1996. We have registered hundreds of thousands of teachers and classroom support staff and are the first-choice agency for over 12,000 job seekers. We have 80+ branches across England & Wales, a career path that can take you to the very top and a culture that rewards hard work and promotes teamwork. Teaching Personnel is your place to thrive.
The ideal applicant will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality, tenacity and urgency are extremely important in a fast-paced environment like Education. They will also be resilient and have a passion for education, knowledge of the education sector would also be beneficial to the role.
You will be given opportunities to gain industry leading skills and experience. You will be pushed to explore your potential from day one by participating in our internal learning and development programme and receiving unrivalled support in branch. We have a specific career path for our Education Recruitment Consultants to progress. We review performance regularly and you may qualify for promotions up to 4 times per year.
Hours of Work
This role is offered on a full time, permanent basis (42.5 hours per week, 5 days per week) and hours naturally fall in line with the school day (starting at 7/7:30am term time) - with reduced hours in the school holidays.
Salary and Benefits
In return for your efforts we offer a great package consisting of:
- Annual salary from £20,000 per year to reflect skills and experience plu