COMPANY: HAWKMONT CONSULTING
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Financial Controller - Fast Growth-ECommerce-SME
Hawkmont Consulting are delighted to be exclusively supporting a fast growth E-Commerce SME in their search for a Financial Controller. Operating in a large market, this disruptive business is ideally placed to continue in its rapid growth. The new Financial Controller will join the founders on their exciting journey, providing sound financial and commercial support.
As Financial Controller your key responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the accounts in house from an outsourced accountant.
- Building the chart of accounts and implementing new process, systems, procedures.
- Building/hiring a finance team that is fit for purpose as the business continues to grow.
- Completing monthly management accounts and leading the preparation of annual statutory accounts.
- Prepare monthly board packs and reporting.
- Reconciling all bank transactions.
- Identifying areas where profit could be maximised through cost savings and increased revenue generation.
- Managing inventory levels, debtors and cash flow.
- Completing VAT returns.
- Developing and owning the relationship with the bank manager.
- Implementing systems and processes to streamline and improve the accuracy and efficiencies of financial controls and reporting.
- Working with e-commerce manager to negotiate commercials with suppliers.
- Managing Payroll.
You will be:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified with at least 3 years’ experience
- Commercially astute
- A person with a proven track record of driving positive change
- Excellent communication skills and experience reporting to stakeholders at all levels
- SME exposure and preferably within digital/ecommerce.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Great relationship-building skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and ambitious finance professional, to elevate their career in a number one finance position. Working in an SME where people are at the centre of the business and who all have a common goal. You will, as Financial Controller, build a long-standing relationship with the banks, professional service firms and of course the entrepreneurs who founded this business.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience for this excellent opportunity, then please get in contact asap.
Hawkmont Consulting was started in 2017 with the mission of revolutionising the way that businesses interact with recruiters. To offer an alternative to what people are currently getting. To use our expertise within search and selection and our unparalleled executive network to place the very best people with some of the UK’s most successful businesses.