Training Officer - FTC 6 months
We're currently seeking a strong Training Officer for initially a 6-month temp contract working within a state of the art, high throughput diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK's NHS COVID 19 programme.
The Training Officer will play a vital role in supporting society's return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country's most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
The Training Officer will be responsible for:
- The qualification and credit framework and potential apprenticeships
- To implement and continuously improve the BSPS training programme within the Covid-19 Testing Laboratory and its delivery.
- To implement and continually improve the training culture across the Covid-19 Testing Laboratory, identifying training needs and developing appropriate strategies with the Pathology Clinical Governance, Quality and Service Improvement Lead.
- To support those in training in their personal development in accordance with learning outcomes, including support grade staff and aligning with the IBMS career development and training programmes.
- To monitor and evaluate the progress of training initiatives and report this to the Operational Governance Group.
- To work closely with the Covid-19 Laboratory Quality Manager to ensure compliance with relevant standards, such as Medicines and Healthcare Products regulatory Agency (MHRA), International Standardization Organization (ISO) and Health Technology Assessment (HTA).
- The ability to communicate effectively with senior staff and laboratory teams is essential.
*** This is a very short snippet of the Job Spec , a full Job Spec can be given please call Vanessa on #removed#***
Essential Candidate Requirements are:
ü You will be HCPC registered
ü Hold an IBMS Membership
ü Understand the Thermofisher amplitude system
ü Relevant MSc preferably in Biomedical Science or equivalent
ü CPD Registered
ü Significant post registration experience is essential for this post, ideally as a Bio Medical Scientist in Molecular or/and Virology
ü Experieince of training in Technical and Scientific areas
ü Knowledge of Health & Safety regs, COSHH, HPC requirements, A4C KSF Process, Lab accreditation's standards