Legal Secretary | Guildford
£22,000 - £28,000 per annum
A dynamic and proactive Legal Secretary is required to support multiple residential property fee earners up to Partner level in the Guildford office of a reputable firm. Offered on a full-time, permanent basis, this Legal Secretary role has a focus on completions work.
Your New Role
As the firm’s new Legal Secretary you will be responsible for:
· Liaising with clients
· Proactively organising and managing diaries
· Taking the lead on tasks to ensure a seamless service is provided
· Working on high volumes of work to tight deadlines and under pressure
· Assisting in three key areas of conveyancing: Acquisition work, Plot Support work and Plot Sales
The firm is looking to hire a Legal Secretary who demonstrates:
· Previous experience within a similar role
· Experience in residential conveyancing i.e. can complete AP1s, draft SDLTs, apply for OS1s SIMs and searches etc (online), chase solicitors and Local Authority's etc when required, issue contract packs, close down files etc (preferable)
· Excellent typing speeds
· Efficient diary management skills
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Excellent organisations skills
· Attention to detail
· Previously has used a case management system
· Organised with time and documents
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Flexible, can do approach
Previous experience within an RDU department would be a distinct advantage, but is not essential.
In return, the Legal Secretary will be offered £22,000 - £28,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
All applicants of relevant expertise are welcomed to apply and will be considered for this fantastic Legal Secretary opportunity in Guildford.