Salary-Based on Experience
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and facilitation of transporting freight utilizing carriers, relationship management and communication to ensure timely delivery and service for customers in a non-asset based service model. Responsible for securing truck capacity to move customer loads as well as secure available loads to fill XGS trucks in identified backhaul lanes.
- Negotiate with carriers to secure capacity at competitive rates to maximize profitability.
- Manage carriers to perform pickups and deliveries within customers’ requirements and meeting and exceeding customer service level expectations.
- Track and update freight movement within the operating system
- Effectively manage multiple shipments at a time.
- Secure backhaul loads from customers to fill XGS trucks in identified lanes.
- Develop and maintain available services knowledge.
- Professionally establish and maintain carrier/customer relationships via electronic and telephonic communication.
- Communicate and coordinate within operations, billing and other teams to accomplish the work required.
- Obtain appropriate paperwork from carriers including POD’s.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is imaged in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining and understanding costs and transit times.
- Review carrier load tenders and ensure all costs are entered correctly per contracts or quote agreements.
- Watch for exceptions on shipments in transit and notify the appropriate parties on any issues.
- Handle any issues regarding delivery failures with customer and address with carrier to ensure future shipments are promptly handled.
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience achieving designated goals and results in a dynamic environment. Brokerage or transportation experience a plus.
- Ability to learn enterprise software. Experience with McLeod software preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Work requires managing multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to professionally articulate, communicate, develop and deliver information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills oral and written.
- Ability to maintain professional communication and ability to project a positive company image to the public.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and internet
Xpress Global Systems is proud to offer our customers a world of diverse and focused transportation solutions. At Xpress Global Systems, our world revolves around service to our customers and finding integrated solutions that add value to your supply chain.
With more than 40 years of collective experience in serving the needs of the floor covering industry, Xpress Global Systems is the unquestioned leader in a transportation arena that has expanded far beyond simply hauling truckloads of carpet. Xpress Global stands today as the premier, one-stop floor coverings logistics provider. We have an extensive track record of success handling a variety of floor covering products, including all types of hard surfaces, rugs and, of course, carpet.
Delivering a World of Difference, One Truck Load at a Time.
Role: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Tunnel Hill,
Apply for this job now.