The Deputy Contract Manager is responsible for the management, delivery and performance of all
services on the respective contract. Their responsibility will include; Management and delivery of the
Hard FM and Vehicle Maintenance services, maintaining CAFM records and covering both the Contract
Manager and the Maintenance Manager whilst they are on leave. They report to the Contract Manager
and Project Manager who is based in the UK.
· Deputise for the Contract Manager during leave absences
· Providing Hard FM and engineering advice to the Contract Manger who is Soft FM background
· Deputise the Chief Engineer (Maintenance Manager) during leave absences
· Overall responsibility for the delivery of the Hard FM and Vehicle Maintenance services
· Responsibility for working with subcontractors to develop quotes for New Work under the contract
· Responsible for oversight and management of New Work completed under the contract
· Management and delivery of the contracted services
· Good understanding and working knowledge of codes of practice, British Standards and good
working practices across all Hard Facilities Management trade groups.
· Small FN team requires hands on support of engineering tasks
· Effective commercial performance of the contract
· Client liaison through regular meetings and reporting
· Compliance with the Health and Safety at Works Act and corporate HSE policies
· Commitment of resources deployed to meet contractual requirements
· Management, discipline and training of all staff
· Management of all sub-contractors working in support of the services
· Ensure all (UK) corporate and in-theatre policies are adhered to by all contract staff
· Provide day to day management of all aspects of service delivery
· Investigate faults and problems and advise on contract service delivery and related matters
· Ensure all elements of the contract are performed in a commercially effective manner
· Provide the in-theatre interface to (UK) corporate
· Supervise and ensure all contract support work is managed financially within budget
· Understand all of the reporting & accounting processes for each department providing assurance ofaccuracy in reporting
Oversee implementation of a new Catering Reporting System and support implementation of new CAFM system (Maximo)
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge:
· Must have extensive and thorough understanding of British standards and safe systems of work.
· Experienced engineering Manager.
· 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
· Experienced in overall contract management and delivery including Soft FM services with on-site
interface with the Authorities representatives.
· Budget management experience including reporting on P&L including stock, petty cash etc.
· Be highly motivated, strong, confident and articulate. Have good people skills and be a sound
· Have a proven track record in the management of a team in a busy and demanding environment.
· Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Have planning and organisational skills.
· Previous experience of working in remote and hostile environments
· Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of UK health and safety legislation and an ability
to carry out risk assessments and propose actions for