This position will ensure the integrity and reliability of all electrical, instrumentation, and control systems including installation, troubleshooting, and continued calibration and maintenance within the assigned area. This will include: natural gas processing plant, compressor station, pigging facilities, and metering station. Additionally, this position must also have a strong commitment to safety and environmental policies.
- Safely install, configure, test, calibrate, operate, troubleshoot, maintain, and inspect electrical, instrumentation, and control system equipment
- Monitor pressure, flow, temperature controls, process limited controllers, and gas analysis equipment
- Use and understand the principles of operation of all meters and instruments used in applicable I&E work
- Work with drawings, sketches, specs, as-builts, and make new for proposed installations and completed projects
- Perform and document preventive maintenance inspections on electrical and control equipment in gas processing and compressor station facilities
- Perform calibration, troubleshooting and maintenance of sophisticated compliance analyzers, and has the capacity to make programming changes and additions
- Interpret schematics to troubleshoot problems and performs database maintenance administration
- Install and adjust measuring and control devices, signal transmitters, meters and signal pickups
- Practice awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment; cooperates with emergency teams to anticipate and deal with any hazardous and/or unusual situations (oil spills and line leaks, inclement weather, etc.)
- Utilize Work Order database for maintenance activity
Review, approve and fill equipment requisitions
- High School diploma or equivalent; technical schooling a plus
- 5+ years of comprehensive I&E experience and 5 years of experience within natural gas compression operations or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledgeable in operating and maintaining equipment within oil and gas facilities
- Basic understanding of electrical concepts, test equipment, flow schematics, and electrical and piping/instrumentation drawings
- Basic knowledge of PLC operations and logic
- Able to speak fluent English and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must pass pre-employment and subject to random DOT drug testing.
- Capable of lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs
- Capable of vigorous outdoor activities and have manual dexterity with physical ability to work extended hours, climbing, bending, kneeling, squatting, working with arms extended above the head, twisting upper body, standing for long periods, walking on catwalks, working in confined spaces, exposure to extreme weather conditions, driving a vehicle, operation of forklifts and light industrial equipment
- Required to work rotating shift schedule, be on 24 hour call as needed, and work relief coverage for both Plant operations and truck loading duties
Capable of performing duties independently with minimal supervision
Wellflex Energy Solutions was founded in 2006 in the heart of the Barnett Shale during one of the most innovative periods in energy industry history. Originally a vertically integrated manufacturing division within one of the largest operators in the Barnett Shale, Wellflex was created with two primary objectives:
Deliver quality products on time
Improve efficiencies of pad site construction
This allowed the operator to turn on production sooner, schedule more accurately, and reduce total cost of ownership. Using the same goals, Wellflex eventually brought this concept of prefabricated modular pad sites to outside customers across the Unites States.
Wellflex came under new ownership in 2013 after a management buy-out backed by industry veteran investors. With the legacy of our beginnings, and our current resources and expertise, Wellflex is committed to becoming the industry leader in modular production equipment solutions.
Our management team uses it's over 100 years of production and process equipment experience to create customized solutions for our customers. Wellflex can provide solutions from a standard bare vessel all the way up to a fully customized ModFlex pad site, and anything in between.
Wellflex prides itself on providing customers with expert product knowledge, creative solutions, and continuous support learned through years of working directly with operators. We consider our relationship with customers a partnership, not just as an equipment supplier, and therefore we constantly strive to help our customers improve their operations.
At Wellflex, we strongly believe that we can improve the total cost of ownership of our equipment by utilizing our ModFlex process. By modularizing a pad site in our facility, operators are able to install a higher quality system in a faster, safer and more cost-effective manner. Not only are operators able to increase revenue by turning production on faster, but ModFlex also improves the predictability of scheduling and costs associated with pad site construction due to the reduced field labor required for installation, and the standardization of multi-well pad sites.
Role: I&E Automation Technician
Location: Fort Worth,
Apply for this job now.