I have an exciting opportunity for someone to join a flourishing children's residential home as their Deputy Home Manager in Ashford, Kent.
Your role will be to support the manager in the day-to-day running of the service, which supports young people between the ages of 8 - 17 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), working for a provider that puts the outcomes of the people they support at the very forefront of what they do.
Are you a passionate and inspirational support worker within children's residential services looking for a move into a Deputy role?
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 (no sleep-ins required!)
Location: Ashford, Kent
Hours: Full-time / Permanent
Shift pattern: 39 & 45 hour contracts available - Rolling rota
- Free meals whilst on shift
- PerkBox Employee benefits
- Bluelight Card
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinemas
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
As a Deputy Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the management to run a successful staff team and all day-to-day operations of the home
- To assist the management team with the supervision of junior staff
- Inducting new staff into the home procedure and culture
- Ensuring the highest standards of care in relation to the young people's physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Assist senior staff with the writing and maintaining of placement and risk management plans
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, and promoting independence and social behaviour.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People's Residential Services or equivalent is ESSENTIAL
- Experience as a Deputy Manager or a Senior in a Children's Residential Support Work environment is ESSENTIAL
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- Willingness to work towards or already completed the Level 5
If you are passionate about the lives of young people and want to make a real difference, supporting young people with EBD, whilst developing your career path within health & social care as a Deputy Manager - this is the job for you!
Click apply today!!