There will be three questions in our online interview for you to answer before submitting your resume. These questions are actually more important than your resume. If you do not see the pre-interview questions on the website where you discovered this position, please visit: #
Are you a detail(ed?) person? Do you enjoy making order out of chaos? Do you tidy your workspace for fun? Feel a sense of accomplishment doing data entry? Do you enjoy solving difficult issues, figuring out ways to accomplish a task, and learning new things?
If so, have we got a job for you!
We are hiring for an order entry customer service position with our model rocketry company. This position includes the following duties:
1. Entering Internet orders into the computer database (primary task)
2. Assisting customers with our online chat system
3. Answering customer emails
4. Answering customer phone calls
5. Assisting walk-in customers
6. Learning about model rocketry, in order to better answer customer questions and assist with ordering
7. Writing and updating procedures
8. Cross training with other departments - potentially assisting with purchasing, warehouse production, simple website updates
9. Process Accounts Receivable.
10. Run monthly reports.
The person we are looking for is:
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Able to work through interruptions without becoming sidetracked or frustrated
- Organized in thought and practice
- Enjoys learning new things, and picks them up quickly
- A good team player
- Reaches for excellence
- Feels compelled to integrate new systems and technology to make processes run faster
- Caring and empathetic
- Clean, good personal hygiene
- Non-smoker (non-negotiable - dealing with rocket motors requires no smoking on the premises)
- Remains detail oriented when in a stressful situation. Picky about following the rules, even when under a time crunch.
- Quick thinking, has the ability to keep up with faster pace as needed
- Willingness to learn, cross train.
- A finisher. Persistent.
- High Energy - Able to work at a fast pace day after day, without feeling burned out.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a 401K plan, nor do we offer health care benefits. Opportunity for advancement is wide open, but only if you are committed to helping us grow quickly. We’ll train you on our unique customer service systems and on the software we use, but you have to know your way around a computer and the internet. We’re looking for someone that follows the directions and can clearly explain why you’re not an ordinary candidate for this position.
We’re a unique company made up of like-minded motivated people. What we offer is that we’ll give you the type of real-world experience that other companies will kill for. We earn through hard work, the praise and accolades of our industry. We define and set the standard for high customer service, and we measure it every day.
Apogee Components Inc., info:
- Working hours are 8:30-5pm, Monday-Friday
- 30-minute lunch
- Clothing attire - casual, but work appropriate. The warehouse can get dirty.
- This is an hourly position, with no benefits.
- Refrigerator and Microwave available
- Friendly, medium-sized dog in building every day - person needs to not be afraid of dogs
- Small company - only 9 of us at this time
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is NOT a work-from-home position.
Our company is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We manufacture and sell toy model rockets. We primarily sell via the internet, but our facility also serves as a retail establishment for local customers. We have been incorporated in Colorado since 1994. We are a small business with around 10 employees. This makes for a unique work atmosphere because everyone is involved in many aspects of the business, not just their primary job duties.
Role: Order Entry Clerk
Location: Colorado Springs,
Apply for this job now.