We are an architectural firm seeking a Lead Metal Fabricator/Installer to join our team! Founded in 1989, our company provides architectural, landscape, interior, furniture, and jewelry design. As a design-build firm, we also provide construction services and operate our own custom cabinet and metal shops.
The Metal Fabricator/Installer will report to the Metal Shop Manager and will supervise Fabricators/Installers 1 and 2. Shop hours are 6am-2:30pm, and site hours are usually 7am-3:30pm. Site locations vary but are mostly in the West LA area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate common shop and installation tools/equipment.
- Lead sheet metal fabrication and installation projects.
- Provide accurate time estimates to meet project requirements.
- Provide daily updates, both on job sites and in the shop.
- Supervise Fabricators/Installers 1 and 2, when Foreman is absent.
- Meet weekly with the Metal Shop Manager about job progress.
- Anticipate project needs (material, equipment, site coordination, etc.) and plan accordingly.
- Enforce safety regulations, both on site and in the shop.
- Assist other Leads, as needed.
- Handle all other related tasks assigned by Managers.
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance required.
- 5+ years experience with high-end architectural metal installation and fabrication.
- Able to read shop and architectural drawings.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods.
- Agree to use personal phone for email, text, calls, and navigation during work hours.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- TIG welding experience, preferred.
Powered by JazzHR