Beacon Resources, in conjunction with our manufacturing client in the northern suburbs of Chicago, seeks an Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant on an interim basis. Our client is industry-leading in its manufacturing niche. Our client has been in existence since the early 20th century.
Job - The Senior Accountant will be performing all full-cycle accounting functions for the company, including balancing the books, journal entries, bank reconciliations, and working with outside accounting firms on audit and tax matters for their North American operations.
Culture/Environment - You will join a group of professional, hard-working colleagues who put in an honest day's work. The accounting team wants a collaborative contributor.
Compensation/Benefits - Salary range starts at $80,000/year. There is a profit-sharing plan as well. You have the option of enrolling in some excellent medical insurance plans.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Oversee and prepare balance sheet and P&L account analysis & reconciliations
- Perform all journal and month end closing entries
- Close the G/L on a monthly basis
- Generate all necessary financial reports for internal and external reporting processes
- Assist in financial forecasting, including generating financial reports for upper management
- Prepare all documentation to support internal controls requirements
- Work with external auditors on all required audits
- Suggest any necessary changes to improve the accounting process
- Report and remit all sales taxes for all North American operations
- Accept other duties as needed
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
- At least five (5) years of substantive General Ledger (G/L) accounting experience in a corporate accounting environment
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS (PREFERRED)
- Experience in a Fortune 1000 corporation
- Experience in a Big 4 Accounting Firm
- Inventory/COGS exposure
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT SKILLS (REQUIRED)
- Expert-level proficiency in an ERP system such as SAP
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas)
- Willing to be hands-on and perform all necessary journal entry and reconciliation tasks if necessary
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and take ownership as the go-to day-to-day accounting professional in the company
- Strong communication skills
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence
Role: Senior Accountant
Apply for this job now.