Vancouver Clinic is currently seeking compassionate and patient-focused RN's for our Family Medicine clinics in Vancouver and Battle Ground.
We are the largest multi-specialty group in Southwest Washington, and growing. The ideal candidate will be caring, positive, flexible, and team-oriented, and work with kindness and professionalism at all times.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate care for high acuity patients (case management), based on provider’s orders, community resources and patient preference.
- Triage and prioritize patient needs based on nursing assessment, availability of resources and patient preference.
- Obtain all pertinent new patient information and diagnostics prior to consult if applicable (H&P, Medications, Labs, films)
- Possess working knowledge of community resources to assist patients in meeting health care needs.
- Perform, assist, and delegate procedures and injections as ordered by provider.
- Perform procedures pertinent to specialty where assigned. (May include treadmills, PFT, holters, IV therapy, surgical assisting, EKGs, injections, and others).
- Provide and direct patient education, advice, and procedures as appropriate.
- Facilitates additional labs/tests according to provider orders/protocols.
- Work the EMR in-basket for test results, prescription refills, MyChart communications, prior authorizations and telephone encounters.
- Process Epic MyChart communications in a timely manner that aligns with organizational expectations.
- Initiate alternate communication method with provider regarding high priority patient care to ensure same day completion.
- Triage voicemail messages to meet needs of acutely ill patients first.
- Return all voice mail left after 4:30 PM within the first two hours of the next working day.
- Facilitate communications between provider and community-based health care programs (nursing homes, Home Health, Hospice, hospital, and others).
- Instruct Medical Assistants in procedures and care as necessary.
- Acts as a mentor, role model and resource for co-workers.
- Delegate responsibility to facilitate patient care.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- A graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current unencumbered Washington State RN license.
- Ability to interact effectively with patients and providers in high-pressure situations while maintaining tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to direct others in urgent and emergency situations.
- Experience with an electronic health record, Epic experience strongly preferred.
What we offer:
- We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package
- Insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- 401(k) plan
Please visit #removed# to learn more
The Vancouver Clinic is the largest multi-specialty physician practice group in SW Washington where the professional staff builds lifetime relationships with our patients. We have over 275 providers and 1100 employees.
Located in Vancouver, Washington just across the river from Portland, Oregon, we enjoy close access to a bustling suburban area and nearby mountains, ocean beach, and great school systems. We seek those who strive for excellence in patient care, seek challenges, embrace teamwork, and those who go out of their way to help others be successful.
Role: RN-Family Medicine Clinic
Apply for this job now.