As of December 31, 2018, assets tracking Scientific Beta smart beta indices reached USD 43bn corresponding to one-year growth of 72%. Scientific Beta has a dedicated team of 52 people who cover client support, development, production and promotion of its index offering.
As part of its international development programme and in order to strengthen its index development activity, Scientific Beta is recruiting a Quantitative Equity Analyst for its London office.
Quantitative Equity Analyst - One vacancy in London - Full-time position
The successful candidate will work in Scientific Beta’s Index Department and will contribute to the development and design of the index offering and custom solutions. The candidate will be involved in:
- Improvement of the design of our current index offering;
- R&D on new indices, risk control options and/or custom solutions and new analytics;
- Drawing up white papers, presentations and internal documents associated with the index offering, custom solutions, analytics and ongoing R&D.
- Master’s degree or PhD in the financial field from a leading institution;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in the financial industry;
- Experience within an asset management or index provider firm would be an asset;
- MATLAB programming skills are mandatory;
- UE work permit is mandatory.
Required skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have thorough knowledge of equity factor investing both from a theoretical and practical perspective. Independent, open-minded and resourceful, she/he will have advanced knowledge of financial statistics as well as programming aptitude in MATLAB (or an equivalent language) as well as skills to write and deliver top quality documents, such as presentations or white papers, at short notice.
The position requires a Master’s degree or PhD in Finance, Financial Engineering or a related discipline from a leading institution and several years’ experience obtained within an asset management firm, index provider or investment bank. Written and spoken English is essential, and French would be an asset.
The salary will be determined according to the Scientific Beta pay scale, based on the candidate’s qualifications and previous experience.
For more information about Scientific Beta, please visit #removed# or click here to download the Corporate Brochure.
To apply, please click the Apply button below.