Java Architect (Java, Spring, Angular)
Who Is SolutionStream
SolutionStream is the premiere custom development shop in the Rocky Mountains. We build innovative software that solves actual problems—from design to development. We’ve been doing custom software since before it was cool. While we’ve been in the development game for over 20 years, the need for custom software has never been greater. That’s why you see startups and new companies popping up all over the Salt Lake-Provo area. Thing is, these tech companies aren’t our competitors, they’re our clients.
What Will I Do
As a Java Architect you will be the development lead on a variety of client projects from start to finish. You will work in an agile environment with excellent front-end and back-end teams that leverage the best, cutting-edge technology to bring your application to life.
The needs of each client are different, so you will be able to stretch your design and development skills from project to project. Every project presents a new development challenge. As the development lead on your projects, you will be the development expert and advocate on your project teams. You'll interface directly with senior product owners and even executive client leadership.
If you enjoy being involved in multiple stages of a project from start to finish, but don’t want to be tied down to working on one internal product for the entirety of your employment, then this job is for you.
We’re serious about hiring gifted talent like you, so please reach out with your resume for consideration.
- Work as a consultant within a larger team or independently
- Lead the technical planning & requirements gathering phases including estimate, develop, test, manage projects, architect and deliver
- Serve as a technical lead and mentor. Provide technical support or leadership in the development and continual improvement of service
- Develop high-quality software that is performant, scalable, reusable, extensible, secure, supportable, reliable
- Identify, use, and advocate for developer best practices in all layers of the architecture
- Above all, deliver software that meets the needs of the product
- Constantly learn and improve your skill set, staying up-to-date with trends and industry standards in your craft.
- Communicate professionally and transparently
- Finish what you start
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in designing complicated software systems, components
- Fluent in Java
- Strong experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data
- Strong OOP skills, with the ability to analyze requirements and transform into scalable software designs
- Experience with the development of scalable and distributed Java services
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring of other team members
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Benefits of Joining the SolutionStream Family
- Competitive Salary
- Health/Vision/Dental plans
- PTO, Paid Holidays
- 401k matching
- Frequent company activities including: Cake Days, Team Lunches/Outings, Lagoon Day, Holiday Gift Giveaway, and Movie Premiere Nights (Avengers: End Game & Star Wars IX in 2019)
- Hourly Pay on top of salary - If you work extra, we pay extra
- provided by Dice