Here at Teaching Personnel, we are currently working alongside one of our partner Cardiff Primary Schools that are looking to recruit a SEN Teaching Assistant straight away, for a position working withing the Primary Schools specialist behaviour base.
As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will need to have the ability to build strong, trusting, and stable relationships with young people, and be consistent in your approach to behaviour management. Although this role will mainly be on a 1:1 basis you will often be asked to support with small group interventions within the behaviour provision and on occasions must support the pupils in the mainstream classes as the school look to integrate these pupils on a phased basis.
The perfect candidate will have:
- Previous experience of supporting challenging behaviour and supporting young people's Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs would be desirable
- The ability to build relationships and use your own life experience to act as a role model/behaviour buddy
- A thick skinned, resilient personality to work alongside pupils with challenging behaviour and at risk of exclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion to make a positive difference in a young person's life
- Access to a vehicle is desirable
- Sensitivity to the challenges relating to young people
Additional Information (required):
- Provide 2x professional references
- Right to work in the UK
- Enhanced DBS check (or be willing to apply for one - full assistance provided)
- EWC registration (assistance provided)
If this role sounds like something that would interest you, please contact Teaching Personnel on the details provided and send your most recent CV to be considered for the role or any other roles that we are currently recruiting for across South Wales. The school are looking to start this position ASAP so please get in touch today.