The Winch Truck Driver drives and operates a Winch Truck equipped with a single winch, to load and move frac tanks. Transport and unload oil field servicing or drilling equipment from and to various locations within the work area. This equipment is loaded and unloaded onto the truck with the use of the truck’s mechanical winch.
· Operate industrial vehicle hauling a variety of equipment related to the assembly of oil drilling rigs or heavy equipment.
· Properly inspect vehicle, load, and equipment to safely transport and deliver the cargo. Manually or mechanically load and unload materials
· Properly complete log books and company documentation to comply with company policies.
· Properly maintain the assigned vehicle and report any damage that occurs immediately.
· Wear PPE appropriately at all times while on the job. Report any accidents and/or injuries immediately.
· Valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class A
· Able to work overtime as needed/required. Available for call-outs (evenings/nights, weekends and holidays)
· Able to travel as required for meetings, training, seminars, etc. which may be overnight, day(s), week, etc.
· Able to work well independently and in team settings
· Ability to provide information to supervisors and coworkers by telephone, in written form, email, or in person
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts
· Must be able and willing to work in extreme climate and work conditions
· Basic keyboarding or other small motor skills occasionally
· Must be knowledgeable of hand signals used on locations.
· Must be able to use company radio properly.
· Operation of heavy equipment or vehicles
· Lifting/pushing objects (70 lbs max)
· Climbing or working in awkward or cramped positions
· Walking or standing for prolonged periods
· Eligible to drive a Company or personal vehicle for business purposes including ability to meet requirements of Company’s Vehicle Use Agreement and Driving Policy
· 1+ years of stable work history in a related field such as trucking, construction, heavy equipment operation, repair, maintenance (or similar trade), or military service
· Tanker Endorsement
· High School Diploma or GED
This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. Employee must be able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment, and work independently when required or directed, taking initiative when necessary.
At Patterson-UTI, you will work with industry leaders, skilled engineers and trained operators as you apply your talents to shape the next phase of the oil and gas industry. We believe in the collective power of individuals working as one to achieve extraordinary results.
Our employees hold the key to our success, and we take pride in recruiting the industry’s best — those who accelerate progress and turn ideas into action. Apply today for a rewarding career that not only values ambition, teamwork and leadership, but also provides opportunities for training, advancement and achievement.
Role: Truck Driver (Class A CDL)
Apply for this job now.