HPP Food Services, located in Wilmington, CA, currently seeks Mechanical Engineer Trainee to join our team. This is an entry level position and is an exciting opportunity for an individual with Mechanical Engineering Degree, or related field, to join our Company.
This position's primary role will be to lead maintenance systems, oversee the continuous improvement of the production processes and execute long-term strategic plans. Works and collaborates with staff to maintain our equipment and facility in good condition and improve our business.
Responsibilities and duties
• Control and maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and parts
• Manage equipment PMs
• Help perform equipment PMs
• Help manage budget for parts and repairs costs
• Help design and implement automation projects
• Schedule, train and motivate employees for the maintenance department
• Implement safety policies and procedures for the department
Qualifications and skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
• No previous experience required
• Hands-on skills
• Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
• Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Role: Jr. Plant Engineer
Apply for this job now.