Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Barnes Aerospace OEM Windsor has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for a CMM Programmer/First Piece Inspector. In this position you will program CMM equipment, inspect parts and collaborate with Engineering, Quality and Operations to resolve issues. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration. Job Requirements:
- Program CMM’s using designated OEM supplied software (PCDMIS, Calypso).
- Perform Final and In-Process Inspection duties.
- Inspect large parts, etc., using normal inspection instruments such as but not limited to: micrometers, calipers, height gages, CMM. etc.
- Use and maintain all inspection measuring instruments.
- Work to customer blueprints and Detailed Inspection Plan (DIP).
- Set and maintain gauges for shop floor use; inspect tooling and fixtures as required.
- Assist with In-process Inspection.
- Work with Process Engineering, Quality Engineering and Operations personnel to resolve issues.
- Perform all other similar and/or related duties as required and /or directed.
5 years’ experience in First Piece Inspection of complex machined aerospace parts.
- 3 years’ experience operating CMM’s to perform First Piece Inspection
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation including use of product models and application of GD&T.
- Ability to work overtime as needed, possess strong math and communication skills and keep accurate records.
- Knowledgeable in the use of precision measuring equipment and maintain inspection files as required.
- Should exhibit the highest standards of ethical conduct and strive to increase the quality level of the product.
- Self-motivated work behaviors demonstrated by a sense of urgency.
·High School diploma or GED equivalent; A.S. or B.S. degree in a technical field desirable or demonstrated job-related experience.