Pfocus is an Owner’s Representative/Project Management organization that leads and manages cultural capital projects nationwide. Our portfolio includes over $600 million high profile, complex, performing arts theaters, museums, and convention centers. For our next venture, Pfocus is seeking a candidate with 7-10 years of project management experience.
This key team member gets a unique opportunity to join our staff in the development of our newest, high profile performing arts theater and convention center commission in Sacramento, California. During a 30-36 month period, this position affords the successful candidate a chance to discover a vibrant community in California’s fastest growing big city.
If you have a track record of efficiently leading a team and want to help create Sacramento’s next landmark project, we’d like to hear from you.
Pfocus is seeking a professional with 7 to 10 years of capital project design or construction related project management experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Lead and document meetings with project team
- Engage and communicate with project stakeholders throughout project
- Collaborate with project team
- Research and craft professional services requests for qualifications / requests for proposals
- Evaluate and recommend payment applications of architects, contractors, and consultants
- Review project program / design documents and prepare comments
- Update comment tracking logs and facilitate final resolution with project team
- Facilitate construction cost estimate reconciliation
- Participate in value engineering work sessions
- Develop and update project cost reports, cash flow models, summary project schedules
- Prepare project definition manual, design milestone review report, and executive briefing
- Facilitate plan review process with Authority Having Jurisdiction
- Review and negotiate Guaranteed Maximum Price proposals
- Expedite requests for information and construction submittals
- Negotiate change order requests and prepare change orders
- Perform and document field observations
- Facilitate project close-out; punch lists, commissioning, manuals, spare parts, etc.
- Able to take initiative
- Strong leadership and effective management style
- Must be well-organized
- Self motivated, problem solver with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Unifier or similar), and Schedule software (Primavera or similar)
Role: Project Manager (Construction)
Apply for this job now.