We are seeking a Financial Controller with strong construction industry experience to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Accounting Oversight: Manage chart of accounts and oversee all activities of the administrative staff for the accurate and timely preparation of financial reports, monthly projections, project analysis audits, and management of bank accounts.
• Accounts Receivable: Oversee all invoicing and collections activities including contract billing, AIA's, T&M, and the overall billing process.
• Payroll: Process weekly payroll and payroll taxes. Review quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports, W-2, & 1099 processing.
• Work Comp: Administration of workers comp and preparation of monthly self audits.
• Union: Preparation and reconciling of monthly union reports and payments.
• Sales & Use Tax: Oversee sales & use tax process to ensure compliance.
• Controls and Compliance: Maintain system and controls which verify the integrity of all procedures, processes, and data.
• Other Tasks: Manage and execute additional tasks including, but not limited to, fixed
asset/depreciation process, manage contracts, maintain and administer banking relationships, full accounting of security monitoring business, maintain fleet registrations/insurance, complete various government surveys, etc.
Skills, Competencies, and Abilities:
• Construction accounting experience including job costing, WIP, percentage of completion accounting, equipment management, and an understanding of construction lien law.
• Strong general ledger, GAAP knowledge, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, certified payroll, income tax, and banking working knowledge.
• Extremely detail oriented, highly organized, work well under deadlines, and proficient in follow through.
• Demonstrated understanding of how collective bargaining agreements, union wage rates, fringe benefits and trust funds work, and understanding of union payroll process.
• Ability to collaborate across all work groups in a professional manner.
• Analytical skills to interpret data and practically apply according to business needs.
• Written communication skills to compose reports, presentations, and work-related manuals in a professional manner.
Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
5-7 years related experience
Construction Accounting Software: 5 years minimum
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year based on experience, plus benefits
Visit our employment page at # to submit resume.
Role: Financial Controller with strong construction industry experience
Location: West Palm Beach,
Apply for this job now.