COVID-19 Testing assistants and data entry assistants required immediately in the Torbay area!
Following the recent Government announcement to roll out lateral flow testing in schools, rapid tests are set to be brought out at secondary schools, SEND schools and FE colleges.
As a result, TeacherActive are immediately recruiting for COVID-19 Testing Assistants and data entry assistants to help provide assistance to schools in order to meet their testing requirements.
Applicants will need to either have an Enhanced DBS on the Update Service or be willing to pay for a new one (an initial cost of £48 of which £40 will be refunded on completion of 10 days of work) as well as passing our other compliance requirements.
• Carrying out the regular routine preventative COVID-19 testing process daily to staff, children and young people as required.
• Assisting in self-testing where applicable.
• Collecting completed swabs and processing them, ensuring they are ready for collection.
• Data entry reporting on test results and completed tests weekly.
• Cleaning swabbing bays/testing spaces and ensuring that all areas are clean and as COVID-19 safe as possible.
• Adhering to and monitoring necessary consent processes for testing to be carried out.
• Proactively updating all documentation and reports each day.
• Maintaining universal precautions and waste disposal in accordance with the infection control policy.
Location - Various secondary & SEND schools in the South West area
Position - COVID-19 Testing Assistant
Start date - January 2021
End date - Ongoing (temporary contract)
Full-time/part-time - Dependent on school needs
Minimum rate of pay - Negotiable
Experience, Training and Qualifications:
• COVID Testing Training, non-essential (can be provided by TeacherActive or schools as appropriate)
• A medical background would be advantageous
• Safeguarding Children Training (Can be provided by TeacherActive)
• Flexible and self-motivated individuals who can think on their feet
• Experience of administration /Data entry
• Enhanced child workforce DBS on the update service, preferred (can be provided by TeacherActive, see above)
All our staff are paid on a PAYE basis, ensuring you are paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance and there are no admin fees or additional charges coming out of your hard-earned income.
To register your interest in this role, please contact Sian on 01392 693313 or email #removed#