Our client is a leading global law firm based in the City.
This role will provide high level, proactive business support to a cross-practice partner and senior fee earner team ensuring the effective completion of tasks using appropriate resources such as the Local Hub and Global Shared Services.
The role works closely with fee earners to develop comprehensive knowledge of clients, markets and work streams, playing a key role in the work of the team and pivotal to the lawyers' practices.
Exceptional levels of initiative, organisational skills and client focus are key requirements and the role requires a broad range of skills in business development, client communications, practice management, marketing and billing.
- Regular practice planning with lawyers to review and assist with client work activities.
- Efficient and effective use of precedent databases for research, pitches, fee proposals and presentations, deal bibles, etc.
- Assistance with document amendments of less than 5 pages, and drafting correspondence
- Preparing documents, presentations and pitch documents, undertaking research and analysis as required
- Ensuring appropriate file management systems are in place, including the filing of emails.
- Delegating appropriate admin tasks to the Local Hub
- Manage, track and coordinate the review of WIP and matter billings with the relevant associate/partner
- Work with Financial Management to prepare timely and accurate client invoices.
- Diary/Travel Management
Ideal candidates must have a high degree of initiative, pro-activity and practical problem solving skills, along with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks or projects. Must have a client focused approach with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and excellent organisation skills.
Previous experience as an Executive in a law firm or other professional services environment is adventitious.