KS3 and 4 Teacher of Science
£105 - £130 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training and qualifications. QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) is essential for this position along with experience teaching Science up to GCSE level.
As soon as possible
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Science to work in an alternative provision in the Gateshead Local Authority. This role is to start out on a long-term supply basis and for the right individual, lead to a permanent position.
This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday 08:30am - 16:30pm, teaching students who have SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) difficulties.
The successful candidate will ideally have Team Teach Training however this is not essential. If applicants are successful, you will have access to this course free of charge.
To be considered for the Teacher of Science position, you will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Have experience and confidence delivering Science up to GCSE level.
- Must be available to work 5 days a week.
- Ideally have an understanding of young people with SEMH and experience of working with them.
- A calm and nurturing personality.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an individual who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle SEND team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.