Freight Forwarding Accounts Clerk - Essex - VR/21750
Our client, a leading distribution company are looking to recruit an Accounts Clerk for the freight forwarding department in their Essex office.
The Accounts Clerk will be responsible for managing the companys invoicing. Invoices must be checked, input and paid within payment terms, so time management and accuracy is vital, as well as regular reconciliations from supplier statements to ascertain missing invoices. You will also be required to raise queries if there are any incorrect invoices and resolve any disputes.
You will be required to record the details of payments made in advance along with customs & VAT which need to be reconciled with the monthly HMRC C79 document.
Freight Forwarding Accounts Clerk duties include:
- Processing material supplier and non-supplier invoices, ensuring entered on SAGE and filed.
- Setting up and managing new Payments in Advance, maintaining numerical system.
- Update BisTrack with Freight / Port Charges etc. against existing accruals.
- Check terms of shipment and charges and invoice amounts against monthly cost sheet .
- Process queries and dispute incorrect invoices with suppliers.
- Process Expenses on a monthly basis onto SAGE.
- Manage Supplier Statements, chasing any missing invoices or missing statements.
- Generate reports on SAGE for supplier payments. Set up payments on SAGE and create remittance advice. Send to suppliers and distribute for payment.
- File payment confirmation and remittance advice once payment has been processed.
- Customs & VAT - Create and file a list of invoices showing Duty / VAT and check against monthly C79 report from HMRC.
- General Admin work as and when required.
Skills required from Freight Forwarding Accounts Clerk:
- Understanding and experience of Sage Line 50 and MS Excel
- Excellent computer skills and capability of generating complex reports.
- High standard of customer care to be provided at all times.
- return the Freight Forwarding Accounts Clerk will receive a competitive salary, according to experience and skills.
If you're interested; click 'Apply Now', or email our Shipping team on #removed#
Red Recruit is a specialist recruitment consultancy with prominence in the Shipping and Freight industry, covering various areas within the industry as well as other associated sectors. We provide an expert consultative, project managed approach, which recognises the unique skills and talents of every candidate. Founded in 2002 and boasting increasing success, Red Recruits mission is to serve likeminded Clients and Candidates and be a collaborator in their growth and progression. We accomplish this utilizing our skilled approaches and methodologies and we offer tailored solutions to suit specific needs. Clients of Red Recruit are able to access a wealth of knowledge and experience via our recruitment consultants; many of whom possess extensive experience.
If you have current or recent experience within the shipping or freight industry, then please contact us to see if we can assist you finding your next career move.